ENTRY PROCEDURE & TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE RADO STAR PRIZE SPAIN 2019
The Rado Star Prize Spain 2018 is provided by The Swatch Group (España) S.A. ( Rado Division), a Company with a registered address at Calle Yuca, 2, 28109, Alcobendas, Madrid (hereinafter “Rado”), in its capacity as Official Sponsor of Madrid Design Festival 2018.
Organised by RADO and under our responsibility, the RADO STAR PRIZE SPAIN supports jointly with Madrid Design Festival the realisation of an original, innovative project.
The Rado Star Prize Spain 2019 aims to support a design student/non-professional designer in starting a career in design in Spain. The judges consisting of professionals from the world of design (the “Judges”) will be responsible for selecting the winning Participant for the RADO STAR PRIZE SPAIN. In addition, a special prize awarded by the public attending the professional days of the Madrid Design Festival will be granted.
Selection criteria are: adaptation of the project with the established theme, giving special importance to the use of innovative materials, the originality of the project and the personality of the design. Any design including a design relating to a watch or to any other watchmaker’s instrument will not be accepted or considered.
COMPETITION THEME - TIMELESSNESS MATERIALS
Participants will base their projects on the theme “Timelessness materials”: raw materials selection searching for a lasting piece that will stand the test of time. The same way Rado looks for timelessness pieces using high-tech ceramic, we’re looking for projects that aim the durability of the work, its longevity, without forgetting the functionality and design.
Rado looks for avant-garde, innovative pieces that take into account the time from the perspective of the materials used. The projects can be applicable to interior design, industrial or technological. Watch projects or related to the watch industry will not be accepted.
The competition offers two prizes:
THE JURY PRIZE (Winner of Rado Star Prize Spain 2019)
The Judges will select 10 finalists and, among them, a winner of the Rado Star Prize Spain 2019
The Jury Prize will be the following:
- A cash prize of 5.000 euro;
- A presentation of the winning Entry on Rado Watch Co. Ltd.’s website (www.rado.com) and social media channels of Rado.
- A Rado watch previously defined by the brand. The watch is not redeemable for cash and cannot be exchanged.
- Ceremony of declaration of the winner and delivery of prizes will be held on February 13 in Madrid. In this ceremony the presence of the 10 finalists will be mandatory. In case any of the finalists does not live in the Community of Madrid, the organization will take care of their expenses of transfer and accommodation of one night in hotel and by a transport previously approved by Rado.
PRIX DU PUBLIC Award
All 10 finalists will have the opportunity to exhibit their prototypes in the Rado Area for the election of the winner by the public. The finalist prototypes will remain on display at Rado Area from February 4 to 22, 2018 as part of the Madrid Design Festival.
The prize will be decided through the voting of the public in the ballot boxes that will be installed in the Rado Area of the COAM and through the online voting in the website http://radostarprize.rado.com/spain, from the beginning of the exhibition until the declaration of winners.
Prix du Public will be the following:
- A Rado watch previously defined by the brand. The watch is not redeemable for cash and cannot be exchanged.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ENTRY PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
To enter the competition each Participant must visit the Rado Star Prize Spain website (http://radostarprize.rado.com/spain) and submit:
- Their name, address, email address, cell phone and a short biography (max 600 characters including spaces and characters).
- The field of design of the entry
- A short description of the existing prototype of the entry’s design (within the pre-defined field - max 2000 characters including spaces and characters). Description must clearly explain the connection of the project with the defined theme.
- Minimum 2, and up to 4 visuals / technical drawings / concept ideas of the design entry (max 5 MB. Minimum 800 px width. Ideally landscape. Format: jpeg, png and/or tif.) Up to a maximum of 50% of the submitted visuals/technical drawings/concept ideas may be clearly marked as ‘confidential’ (e.g. CAD drawings) and which will therefore not be used for publicity by either Rado or Madrid Design Festival.
- All information will be provided in both Spanish and English.
- Participants not fulfilling these Terms and Conditions as well as those entering a false name or address may be disqualified.
- be over 18 years of age and resident of Spain
- not be a professional designer or employed as a designer in any capacity
- They may be students or recent graduates of an official design institution or have an amateur talent for design although this is not their main occupation
- only enter one design; i.e.: only one participation per Participant
- Entries will be accepted from the following fields of design: Product design, Graphic design, Industrial design, Interior design, lighting design and Technology design.
- Entries will not be accepted from any design incorporating a design for a watch or other timepiece will not be accepted or considered or from a group or collaborative entry.
- All designs must be the original work of the Participants.
- Designs may not have been commercialized or have previously been publicly exposed.
- Closing date for entries is December 16, 2018, at 9 pm CET.
- Submissions must be made electronically only and as such will not be returned to the Participants.
- Participants are required to submit entries in a readable format. Any entry that is corrupted and/or unreadable will not be included with the competition for judging. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to ensure that the submissions are free from any viruses.
- Rado will be responsible for the reasonable safety of all submissions received and will confirm receipt via email with an individual reference number.
- Once the 10 finalist pieces of the Rado Star Prize 2019 have been selected, the finalists will be responsible for sending their final works already produced in prototype mode of exhibition, to the address specified by RADO and in the dates also established. Rado is not responsible for any damage that may occur in the shipment of such works.
- Once the exhibition of the works in the Rado Area is finished, the finalists will also manage the collection of the works.
Rado is not responsible for disappointment suffered by any person not being able to take part in the competition for technical reasons outside of Rado’s control (eg: insufficient internet access at the private/public place from which a person wishes to submit their entry) and Rado will not be liable for entries into the competition that are lost, misdirected, delayed or corrupted, for technical reasons or otherwise.
Entries will not be accepted from any employees of Rado, of any of Rado’s affiliates and of commissioned agents and agencies, employees of Madrid Design Festival as well as persons living in the same household with such employees are not eligible to enter this competition nor are they allowed to carry out, assist or consult in any way an entry to the competition.
Similarly, relatives of a Judge (including but not restricted to design firms, teams, family members etc.) are not eligible to take part in the competition. Any such persons entering will be immediately disqualified from the competition.
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to participate in or win the Rado Star Prize Spain 2018 competition.
Prizes are not transferable and no alternative prizes or cash equivalent are available. In case of a tie, the delivery of the prize exaequo will be possible
The Judges, consisting of professionals from the world of design and from Rado Watch Co. Ltd., and jointly selected by RADO and Madrid Design Festival, will evaluate the designs submitted and select the ten Shortlisted Finalists and out of those ten, the winner of the competition. Rado reserves the right to substitute Judges due to illness or unavailability.
While Rado will be the point of contact between the Shortlisted Finalists and the Judges, and will ensure that any identifiable personal data will not be disclosed to the Judges prior to the winner of the Jury Prize being selected. All judging decisions will be anonymous.
The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No information about the Judges’ decision or deliberation process will be made public.
The Rado Star Prize Spain website (http://radostarprize.rado.com/spain) will be open for submissions from October 22, 2018 and the closing date of registration will be December 16, 2018 at 9:00 p.m.
The 10 preselected finalists will be notified by Rado, either by phone or email on January 14, 2019, and must acknowledge receipt of the notification within 48 hours. As well as confirming that they can provide and send the prototype (at their expense and by their own means) to an address in Spain, on a date that will be specified in the notification. Failure to do so will result in an alternative shortlisted finalist being selected.
The prototype sent by each of the finalists will be displayed at Rado Area in COAM or similar space.
Rado will invite the 10 finalists to participate in the Rado Star Prize Ceremony Award on February 13, 2019 to which the 10 finalists must attend. The winner of the Jury Prize will be announced with his winning design using his first and last name 1) on the Rado Star Prize website, 2) on rado.com 3) on Rado’s Official Facebook Page 4) via Rado Twitter 5) via Rado Instagram page and Madrid Design Festival’s social media channels.
The participant, therefore, gives his authorization and consent to make this data public.
PRIX DU PUBLIC AWARD
This PRIX DU PUBLIC AWARD voting will take place during Professional Encounters in COAM from February 4th-13th 2019. Voting done through the Rado Star Prize Website during these same dates will also be taken into account. The Public Award will be voted form the 10 Shortlisted Finalists selected by the Judges.
The Shortlisted Finalist who receives the most votes from the public will receive the PRIX DU PUBLIC Award.
After the conclusion of the Rado Lounge at COAM, Rado do will return the prototypes to the Shortlisted Finalists at its cost.
The winner of the PRIX DU PUBLIC Award will be notified during the Rado Star Prize Ceremony Award. The first name and surname of the winner, and their design will be announced on: the Rado Star Prize website, the homepage of the Rado official website, the Official Rado Facebook page, the Rado Twitter account, the Rado Instagram page, and Madrid Design Festival’s social medial channels.
Prizes are not transferable and no alternative prizes or cash equivalent are available.
PUBLICITY AND REPRODUCTION OF IMAGES/ENTRY INFORMATION
Participant is aware that by uploading his/her design to the Rado Star Prize website that any third party may have access to the design and could use it unlawfully. Rado cannot control such unlawful third party use. Participants waive any right to claim from Rado damages for any third party use. Up to 50% of the submitted image(s) can be specified as confidential. If this is clearly noted, Rado and Madrid Design Festival will use the image solely for the judging process, and not for public promotion.
By submitting their design, Participants confirm that they are the authors of such designs. In addition, Participants confirm that their design does not show any content that is otherwise unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory or vulgar, or which infringes any trademark, copyright, design or other right of any third party. Participants will hold Rado and its officers, employees and affiliates harmless from and against any losses, claims, damages and costs resulting from any violation of these terms.
Participants whose entries do not comply with the above terms or which are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable will be excluded from the competition.
The intellectual property rights of the design shall remain the property of the Participants. It is the responsibility of the Participants to protect the intellectual property of his/her design before entering the competition if deemed necessary. Rado will not be liable for infringement of any intellectual property of third parties once the designs are in the public domain.
By submitting their design, all Participants – including those not selected as Shortlisted Finalists or winners – grant Rado a royalty free worldwide right in perpetuity to use their entry for marketing purposes only without granting Rado any right to change or reproduce the design. This right of use will begin on the day the winners are announced and will continue for (ten) years. Irrespective of Rado’s right to use the entries for marketing purposes in relation to the Rado Star Prize, the prize money does not include remuneration for the use of the Participants’ intellectual property rights.
By clicking the “accept” button to these terms & conditions while entering your data for the competition you have given express consent to us to publish your first name and surname and country of residence and any photographic images taken of you on our websites, within magazines and/or press releases and that you will co-operate with us in any publicity arising from the competition and in addition that we may send you emails for purposes related to the competition as well as marketing emails, subject to your right to refuse such emails at any time. Personal information provided by and related to the Participants will be held and used by us, and our group companies, suppliers and contractors in the extent necessary for carrying out and administering this Competition. The personal data provided by the participants will make part of a database for use of data to the said purposes, being Data Controller The Swatch Group (España) S.A (Division RADO), with registered address at Calle Yuca, 2, 28109, Alcobendas, Madrid where the access, rectification, erasure, restriction or portability rights can be exercised. Furthermore, if you object to having your personal details used or you may have any doubt regarding the processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rado reserves the right to amend these rules at any time, and to modify, suspend or terminate the competition in the event that it becomes infected by a computer virus or otherwise technically impaired.
These Rules are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of Spain, without regard to any conflict-of-law rules. In the event of any disputes, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Madrid, Spain.