TERMS & CONDITIONS
Rado Star Prize – General Information
The Rado Star Prize India supports young up-and-coming designers, offering them a platform to showcase their work to experts in the field and to the public. As the Master of Materials, Rado is known for its pioneering use of high-tech materials to create watches designed to look good for a lifetime. These materials – as well as design – are the essence of Rado.
A specialist panel of judges, consisting of professionals from the world of design and Rado, will evaluate the designs submitted and select finalists and the winner. All finalists will have the opportunity to display their Projects during the next Rado event and will be entered into the online vote for the Public’s ChoiceAward.
Submissions will be accepted on the website from Feb. 1st until April 30th.
All the finalists will be automatically entered into the public vote award, and the finalist receiving the most votes from the public will win the Public’s Choice Award. The voting will take place on the website.
Entry is open to all up-and-coming designers.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be a India resident
- Must either study a design discipline (i.e. undergraduate), or otherwise aiming to become a designer
- Must not be a professional designer (i.e. graduate designer) or employed as a designer in any capacity
- Can only enter one design
This competition is only open to solo designers, group or collaborative entries will not be accepted.
Each participant must submit the following on the India Rado Star Prize website:
- Name, address and a short biography
- Field of design of project with a short description
- Visuals / technical drawings / concept ideas of the project (up to four in total)
Projects should be either an Industrial or Product Design.
Designs for timepieces or other horological instruments will not be accepted.
The Winner of Rado Star Prize 2019 will receive:
- A Rado watch
- A cash prize of INR 3,00,000
- A chance to display their work at the next Rado event
Public’s Choice Award
- A Rado watch
The winner of the Rado Star Prize will be notified by phone and email and the winner of the Public’s Choice Award will be notified by phone and email. Both winners will be announced using their first and last name with their winning design on the Rado Star and Rado websites and Rado’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).